A friend posted about her daughter not knowing what commercials were because she has only seen DVR episodes of shows. I commented back to her if it wasn't for football and baseball Claire would be the same. It reminded me of something Claire has been doing lately. We turn on a toddler music station that we can get on our cable provider. Sometimes Rock-a-bye baby comes on. I have changed the words to the song to Rock-a-bye Claire. Whenever she hears it on the TV she asks why they aren't singing Rock-a-bye Claire. "Want Rock-a-bye Claire". I have to explain that they don't know that song. But to a two-year-old, that doesn't make sense. Ahh.... the innocence.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Green eggs & ham
Claire loves herself some Dr. Suess. One of her favorites is Green Eggs & Ham. For dinner this evening Pete dyed some scrambled eggs and ham green and we had them for dinner. They were a hit!


A friend posted about her daughter not knowing what commercials were because she has only seen DVR episodes of shows. I commented back to her if it wasn't for football and baseball Claire would be the same. It reminded me of something Claire has been doing lately. We turn on a toddler music station that we can get on our cable provider. Sometimes Rock-a-bye baby comes on. I have changed the words to the song to Rock-a-bye Claire. Whenever she hears it on the TV she asks why they aren't singing Rock-a-bye Claire. "Want Rock-a-bye Claire". I have to explain that they don't know that song. But to a two-year-old, that doesn't make sense. Ahh.... the innocence.
A friend posted about her daughter not knowing what commercials were because she has only seen DVR episodes of shows. I commented back to her if it wasn't for football and baseball Claire would be the same. It reminded me of something Claire has been doing lately. We turn on a toddler music station that we can get on our cable provider. Sometimes Rock-a-bye baby comes on. I have changed the words to the song to Rock-a-bye Claire. Whenever she hears it on the TV she asks why they aren't singing Rock-a-bye Claire. "Want Rock-a-bye Claire". I have to explain that they don't know that song. But to a two-year-old, that doesn't make sense. Ahh.... the innocence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So cute! I love that this was your dinner. :)
My parents used to do this all the time. And especially food coloring in milk for special holidays. Red for Valentine's Day, Green for St. Paddy's. We each got a pretty pastel color on Easter. My brother still does it on occasion.
Post a Comment