Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Recent Conversation

The Scene: Claire, playing in the bath. Sitting on her knees so her little chubs are halfway in the water.

(Tooting sound)
(Claire looks up at her mother and grins)
Claire: I tooted.
Mom: Yes, you did.
Claire: No poopies, though. Or pee pee. Only tooties in the bath.
Mom: Well Claire, I'm certainly glad to hear you say that.
Claire: Yeah, only tooties.



Laurie, this always makes me think of you and your eldest daughter. Someday I think Claire is going to follow in her footsteps, just because she wants to see what it looks like.

1 comment:

Cellomama said...

Ah, yes. Tub toots are big-time comedy in our house. *sigh* I sincerely hope Claire doesn't follow in Kate's footsteps. I wish that on no parent.

We've finally installed some hard-core consequences for this whole potty training thing (she acts like a baby, she's treated like a baby - she acts like a big girl (uses potty), she's treated like a big girl) and it's working a bit. Here's hoping we're through this before pre-K starts in the fall.