We've switched our dear daughter to a high fiber diet. No more cheese, bananas or carrots. And pizza is limited. As well as backing off on her beverage of choice - milk (only at meal times - no more at snack). She is really going to miss the milk, bananas and carrots. I hope that we can return those to her diet once she gets over her fear of going #2.
It's been a bit of a struggle for us the last few months. While it has some to do with her diet, it has more to do with her mental view of things. We're making the diet changes in attempt to remove the fear and get over this hump.
High fiber muffins are now magic muffins. The last couple of days she didn't want to finish the muffin. Obviously, we need that to happen so we're playing the math game. We came up with this a while ago and reintroduced it at breakfast recently. We count the number of pieces of food on her plate and ask how many she will have left if she eats one. We play this all the way down to zero. Why this works, I have no idea, but I'm sticking with it.
And Miralax. She's been on 1tsp/day of Miralax since Friday. She has no idea that she is on it however as it is the miracle laxative (hence the name, me thinks) with no taste or odor. Mixed into her morning beverage she chugs it down without question.
Do I feel a bit bad about that? Absolutely not. The alternative is far more hard to deal with, trust me.
So far we have had three days in a row of success. That's the most we've had in a row in the last month.
Keeping our fingers crossed and hoping this post doesn't jinx anything.
2 comments:
I know several little wee ones Claire's age that take Myralax. But they know it as "poop medicine."
HOORAY!!!! Way to poop, Claire!!
Holly - I'm so glad that the dietary changes and the Miralax are helping. You should feel no guilt whatsoever. You should be proud that as a mama you are doing what your little girl needs so she can learn and be well.
What a relief.
Post a Comment