Monday, July 2, 2007

Visitors

Claire had many visitors yesterday on her first full day home. Papa and Grandma Jackie were the first to arrive. It was the first time either of them had a chance to hold #9 in their brood of grandchildren.



Grandpa Jim and Grandma Joanne swung up for a quick visit so Grandpa Jim could have a chance to hold Claire.


Aunt Karey, Uncle Mike and cousins Alex and Ryan came over so the boys could see their new baby cousin. Alex was so very excited to get to touch her (after a thorough hand washing). He couldn't get over how small her feet are compared to his. Ryan giggled every time he touched her.



Aunt Karey having a conversation with Claire about her crazy cousins.


The first Whitcomb family photo.


The cousins

Claire had a visit from a home health nurse on Sunday. All seems to be going well, she lost a little weight but not a lot (back down to 4lbs .04 oz). Pete says it could very well be the difference between an empty diaper and a blow out. Big sis Jordan took the opportunity to feed Claire during one of her evening feedings. She slept a bit longer this morning and took a total of 70 mLs at her 'first breakfast' this morning. She was a hungry babe, which we really like to see. We head into see her pediatrician this afternoon, the first of what will be many visits in the next few weeks.

5 comments:

Peter Whitcomb said...

Its nice to have Claire home and to have so many visitors. She had a busy day, but didn't mind the commotion at all. She's a good sleeper (as can be witnessed by the majority of her photos). Claire was happily exhausted last night. Thanks, everyone for the gifts and visits.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sorry my last comment only put on my first name and I couldn't change it without deleting it. Here's what I said...

She is amazing and soooo beautiful! I was tearing up when I was reading your last few days of entries. I try to check you blog regularly. I am so amazed that she was able to come home so quickly. It truly is a sign that she is a fighter. Now remember tha when she is a teenager and still a fighter! Congratulations on being able to bring home your new family member and make it complete! I can't wait to meet her. Still you all are in my prayers and thoughts. Julie Moshier

kmd said...

These photos are wonderful! She's so beautiful. I'm happy you have lots of family around you. Much Love!

heathermn18 said...

I'm just thrilled to see that Claire is bigger and healthier with each passing day! She looks healthy and quite content with her new surroundings. I'm glad that she's home. Heather