Monday, May 3, 2010

Shut the Door!

Can potty training be just around the corner? Can her third birthday get here soon enough?

Here's Claire's m.o. as of late when it comes to doing the pooping deed...

Imagine if you will, our house. Claire looks you and with a serious tone says, "I need to be alone right now". She proceeds to her room. Shuts the door - tight - and get's very angry if you try to open the door. On more than on occasion she has told her father, "I need my privacy".

From time to time she will open the door and announce, "Dad (or mom), I'm pooping". As was the case when the contractor we had over for an estimate witnessed/heard.

However, if you try to come in, even after she has finished she will tell you she isn't done yet. Ugh.

I know potty training isn't going to be any fun. I am dreading it to some degree. But the clean up after one of her monster poops is getting to be a bit much for the diapers.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like she's more than ready. If she knows it's coming, it's time.