We decided to test run camping. It is our hope that we will have the chance to head out for a camping trip this year. So we popped up the tent in the backyard, sparked up the fire pit and invited the neighbors over.
Claire was very interested in the tent and very positive about the whole thing. She thought it was pretty cool that she was going to sleep in there with mom & dad. She, however, caught a nasty little cold at the tail end of last week and that - plus the fact that we stayed up a bit later than expected playing with the neighbors - put in wrench in our initial plan. We ended up heading inside around 1:30am when Claire awoke coughing so hard that I thought she was going to toss her cookies. Being the conservative mom I thought, "she is going to sleep in her own bed. We're not stuck at a campground where I can't put her in her bed..."
Nevertheless, it was overall very positive for her. She was hoping we were going to do it again Saturday night. A good sign.
Testing out the sleeping arrangements with dad.
Claire's dirty feet. I expect this is how she will look for most of the summer. We're very adept at washing her feet before she comes into the house.
We hosted our annual Memorial gathering with a few folks who have been swinging by for the last 4 years. It's great to get a chance to see how much the kids have grown. The time flies by too quickly and there is never enough time to catch up. Next year I swear I am taking a picture of all the kids so we can begin to capture how much they are changing every year.
No comments:
Post a Comment