A recent development in our nighttime routine involves me rubbing/scratching Claire's back/belly. This usually helps settle her down and I do it while singing her lullibyes.
A couple of nights ago Claire decided it was Baby Daisy's lucky night to sleep with her. As I was rubbing her belly, Claire reached over to Baby Daisy and began rubbing the dolls belly. Apparently, she wanted to settle Baby Daisy down.
We've seen more interest in baby dolls as of late. She does go in spurts, so this may change again soon but it's been a nice change from our Sesame Street characters. Last night we changed Sally (my old Cabbage Patch doll) into a new outfit (Claire's preemie clothing & preemie diapers). Claire then fed her (using one of her preemie bottles from the hospital) and took her on a walk in her baby stroller - making sure the 'shade' on the stroller was over Sally's eyes.
She's also expessing great interest in babies. One of her school friends has a little brother and she really dug him. I'm looking forward to how she reacts to meeting Mr. Felix and Mr. August this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment