Monday, January 11, 2010

We need humidity!

Claire and I had a girls weekend while Pete was off on his annual ice-fishing trip. Of course, the weather decided to throw us a curve and we barely reached above 0 for most of the weekend. Needless to say, Claire may have wanted some time by herself (or least with someone else) by the end of the weekend as we didn't get outside unless it involved getting into or out of the car.

On Saturday we headed up to Wyoming to spend some time out of the house with friends Robin and Logan, who lost their husband/father to the same set of ice holes and shack as Claire and I. We met at the local bowling alley and had a blast. Claire first went bowling at Jordan's 16th birthday party last year but wasn't an active participant in the actual bowling activity. This time she got to wear her own shoes - who knew they made BOWLING shoes this small!!! Robin took a picture of it and I'll post if she sends me a copy. She would talk about what was happening every time someone threw the ball and really enjoyed conversing with Logan and Robin. It was fun to see her get into the game and the social aspect. When I put her to sleep that evening she was rambling on about the 'crashing' that took place that day. She described the ball 'crashing' into the bowling (pins) and how the one's that didn't fall were 'sticky'.

Sunday we headed to her first youth hockey game to see Alex play (and score!!!!). I was clearly more interested in watching the game but an impression was made as she spoke of Alex's skating and working up a sweat when I put her to bed last night.

Bed time is clearly the time when she begins to process all of the new things entering her life. It's fun to listen to her tell me about the things she is thinking of and how she interprets all things new.

No comments: